The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 30th, 2024, 6:42am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which install stream for Verilog-AMS (Read 5728 times)
makelo
Community Member

Hillsboro, OR
Which install stream for Verilog-AMS
Dec 01st, 2006, 8:19am

Hello,

I am in a situation where I have to do most of my own computer support.  I installed cadence spectre on RHEL3 and have been running Spectre and Virtuoso successfully for about a year.  When I first installed, I used the IC5141 stream from sourcelink and I have been maintaining the updates to USR4.  This toolset has allowed me to get my feet wet with Verilog-A.

Now I want to start using Verilog-AMS.  I have searched the archive of this forum and I am confused which stream I need IUS58 or MMSIM61 or a different one?  I have valid license for these and several prior versions.  I also could upgrade to IC5144 or IC610 if there is a good reason to.  Most of my design work is analog CMOS, but I have an upcoming ADC which I would like to use AMS on.  With so many cryptically named yet powerful tools available, but little information, I have not been able to get into AMS yet.

Thanks,
Makelo

View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: Which install stream for Verilog-AMS
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2006, 8:54am

The IC stream contains the analog simulators, optional there is the MMSIM stream which only contains the simulators but no Framework. IC5141 is a good choice.
IC61 is on OpenAcces 2.2. database and needs new licenses, don't know
if you want to migrate the database and if you have the required licenses.

For AMS Designer you need to have in addition the NC tools, IUS stream 5.7 or 5.8.

Bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
zhong
Community Member

California , United States
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2006, 3:37pm

Use all analog simulators from MMSIM stream instead of from IC stream !   --  recommend  MMSIM6.1
Use AMS simulator from IUS stream. --  IUS57 at this moment  
Use IC stream for GUI env -- Recommend to use IC5141USR4. If you are not OA database yet .

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2006, 12:31am

zhong wrote on Dec 10th, 2006, 3:37pm:
Use AMS simulator from IUS stream. --  IUS57 at this moment  
Use IC stream for GUI env -- Recommend to use IC5141USR4. If you are not OA database yet .

If you are using this combination, please be aware of Critical Solution Alert 11275538, see http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/db/kdb/2006/Sept/11275538.html.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
zhong
Community Member

California , United States
Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2006, 8:00pm

Just FYI ..

IUS58.3  was released recently  . For AMS simulator  , you can move from IUS57 hotfix to IUS58.3 if necessary ...  

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.