The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 6:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ask forPnoise setting enviroment(spectre rf) . (Read 2353 times)
ipmsn5

China
ask forPnoise setting enviroment(spectre rf) .
Dec 08th, 2006, 5:35am

Dear all:

I still do a pnoise simulation for the full pll: PFD+CP+LPF+VCO+feedback divider>
but the convergence problem confused me all the time,I also ask for the cadence CE help,but no good news.
Now I ask for Your help,who can setting the cadence pss&pnoise enviroment and put it on the website.
thanks Huh
share the experiments.thanks

Note: I set the tstab=20us. and the control voltage is stable at 15us.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: ask forPnoise setting enviroment(spectre rf) .
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2006, 1:28pm

There is no magic set of settings. If there were, they'd probably be the default. Perhaps if you told us more about what is going wrong?

One thing you might want to try is to run a long transient and using strobing with the strobe period equal to the PSS period. Then choose the tstab value to be the time where all of the strobed signals become constant valued. If they do not become constant valued, then your circuit does not have a periodic-steady state solution and you cannot use PSS. This might happen if your PFD has a dead zone.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.