The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 30th, 2024, 9:52am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ams designer starts and then hangs (Read 2309 times)
southofthebay

ams designer starts and then hangs
Jan 10th, 2007, 6:12pm

Hi all,

I am trying to run an AMS Designer simulation involving pure verilog rtl and verilogAMS converted from a PLL schematic.

I have a weird problem: when I try to reset the charge pump inside of the PLL (either with a digital control pin or with a vpwl inside the schematic), the simulator hangs. I hold reset on at t=0 and then release it sometime later t>0. The simulation starts fine and runs until reset is released. It then runs for several hundred ns more. The simulation step size then decreases where it becomes 1 fs and then hangs.

Do any of you have some suggestions as to what is causing the problems?

Thanks,
southofthebay

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: ams designer starts and then hangs
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2007, 8:11pm

first thing I'd consider is:
Look to see if you have used a non-discrete variable as the argument to a "transition" statement..

Since it sounds like you are using schematic (analog) + digital and no Verilog-AMS models other than the
connect modules, I'd double check those too... Are you using the right set? are they the latest version?

Are you using a recent IUS release? (ie 5.7 or 5.8 or higher?)

ALSO check the convergence settings. (after all THAT's whats getting bogged down.

jbd

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.