The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 4:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wrong pnoise jitter result (Read 1484 times)
bryanb

Oregon
wrong pnoise jitter result
Jan 17th, 2007, 10:37am

I put together a simple circuit to see if pnoise jitter gives reasonable results.  The circuit is the cascade of two differential pair amplifiers which is driven with a 10mV pp sine wave (page 1 of attached pdf).  Pnoise jitter simulation was run with the pnoise outputs take from the output of stage 1 and then run again with the pnoise outputs taken from the output of stage 2.  The schematic did not change between these two simulation runs.  I only changed the output nodes for pnoise analysis.  The result from the output of stage 1 was 5.8ps rms and the result from the output of stage 2 was 5.3ps rms (page 2 of attached pdf).  Two stages cascaded produces less jitter than the first stage which is obviously wrong.   Looking at the noise, it does increase from stage 1 to stage 2 but the slew rate increases faster and therefore the jitter is less.  

Hopefully I just have a setup problem (input.scs is page 3 of attached pdf).

Any comments or help would be appretiated.

Thanks,
Bryan

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.