The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 9:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
restart=yes in PSS (Read 3680 times)
Paul Geraedts
Community Member

GIGO

Enschede, Netherlands
restart=yes in PSS
Sep 22nd, 2006, 5:00am

Hi all,

It turns out a PSS analysis is still using knowledge from previous runs, even if you set restart to yes. This can be observed by starting the same PSS beginning from the same initial condition file multiple times (just clicking multiple times on the netlist&run button, basically :).

A work-around seems to be clicking on simulation->netlist->recreate, before clicking on the netlist&run button.

By the way, can anyone tell me what the difference is between simulation->netlist->create and simulation->netlist->recreate?

Paul

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: restart=yes in PSS
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2007, 2:58am

You can also use the "reorder_matrix=yes" setting on the Simulation->Options->Analog to force the matrix to be rebuilt from scratch.

Netlist->Create uses the incremental netlisting, and only recreates the netlists for blocks which have changed since the last time they were netlisted, and then reassembles the complete netlist from these netlisted pieces (in the ihnl dir). Netlist->Recreate forces it to recreate the netlist for every single cellView, regardless of whether it needs to or not. The latter forces
the simulator to restart, rather than starting from where it left off. Netlist->Create will only tell the simulator to restart if one of the sub-netlists got recreated.

In older versions (before reorder_matrix came in), you can also use:

Code:
envSetVal("spectre.envOpts" "controlMode" 'string "batch") 

to tell ADE to restart spectre after each point in a parametric sweep. However, this won't help with a sweep performed on the pss form itself, since that uses a spectre built-in sweep.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Paul Geraedts
Community Member

GIGO

Enschede, Netherlands
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2007, 3:37am

Thanks Andrew!

I presume you mean 'rebuild_matrix=yes'? (I'm using a rather recent version and I can't find the one you mentioned.)

Kind regards,

Paul

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2007, 5:53am

Er, yes, that's what I meant. I'll use the excuse of being a little jetlagged after getting back from the US on Saturday  :-[

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.