The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 7th, 2024, 6:22am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help for pss and pac simulation in spectreRF (Read 4598 times)
beargebinjie

shenzhen china
need help for pss and pac simulation in spectreRF
Jan 26th, 2007, 4:54am

hello, i want to do a ac analysis with a sc cmfb opamp, but i donot understand pss and pac simulation very well.
if there is anyone is skillful with pss and pac, hope can direct me finish the simulation, thanks.
1.what parameters should i must set in the pss simulation ?
2.how to arrange the order of the pss and pac, i heard that pss must be done first with input equal to zero?
3.if the pss and pac are sperated to do in two times, then what temp data should save from the pss simulation, and how to call the data when the pac is undergoing?

i am a greener of spectre, maybe my question is at low level, hope some can do me a favor, tkanks a lot!

View Profile beargebinjie   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: need help for pss and pac simulation in spectr
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2007, 6:23am

If you are a "greener" (whatever that means) then I suggest you spend a little time looking around this site, and using the search facilities.

If you had, you might have uncovered the analysis link at the top of the page http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/ which has a paper all about analysing Switch Capacitor circuits with SpectreRF. Try reading that, and also searching the forum for relevant postings.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
beargebinjie

shenzhen china
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2007, 5:07am

thanks for your reply, andrew. Smiley
i have read that paper already, but i never used spectreRF before, so i can not understand it very well, now i need a step by step direction first, thanks!

Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2007, 2:16pm

Try reading the Cadence documentation, and also run through the RF workshop in <mmsimInstDir>/tools/spectre/examples/SpectreRF_workshop . In that directory there is a gzipped tar file, which then has PDF files with workshop examples. None of these are for Switch Capacitor circuits, but still it's a good way to get to grips with the simulator.

There are plenty of resources out there to get you started.

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
beargebinjie

shenzhen china
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2007, 2:35am

thanks for your warmheart, andrew!  :) and now i've been on my way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.