The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:21pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SpectreRF PAC specialized analyses (Read 2928 times)
anis

France
SpectreRF PAC specialized analyses
Jan 18th, 2007, 1:50am

Hi everybody,

I'm running PSS+PAC analyses to get the transfer function of an RF subsampling Rx chain based on switched capacitors.
I'm using the SpectreRF version included with mmsim6.0.
In the "specialized analyses" field of the PAC menu, there is a special analysis named "sampled" which is not mentioned in the SpectreRF manual.
What is this option for ? and how could someone set it to work efficiently ?
I was  wondering if this special analysis could  help me, because t he PAC results I'm having at the moment (without any special analyses) are not 100% correct (presence of extra notches due to several decimations throughout the Rx chain).

Thanks in advance,
Anis.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: SpectreRF PAC specialized analyses
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2007, 4:08am

The purpose of this analysis is to allow you to add an ideal strobe on the analysis, generally at a crossing threshold. As a consequence, you can get the gain (or rather small-signal signal level) at that point in the period, rather than the time-averaged signal level.

It's analagous to the time domain or jitter modes of pnoise analysis, but for pac (you can do this with pxf too).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.