The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 15th, 2024, 6:54pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
using of SimVision Schematic Tracer (Read 3993 times)
Pavel

Lausanne/Switzerland
using of SimVision Schematic Tracer
Jan 31st, 2007, 2:50am

Hello

I have 2 question concerning using of Schematic Tracer:

1. Can I select signals/modules directly in schematic window. This feature doesn't clearly explained in SimVision manual.
   For the moment I succeded to make selection only in Design Browser (panel on the left, pls, see the picture).
   Modules I select with left button. For signals only right button works... Why?
   When I try to select an object (signal or module) in schematic window (panel on the right), object is highlighted for
   a fraction of second, and then deselected.
   According to SimVision manual, in order to trace between 2 object, one must select 1st object, and then keeping Ctrl, select
   second. As I understand it concerns only Tracer Schematic window, not Design Browser. So for the moment this feature is inaccessible for me.
   Is it tool bug or should I change some tool settings.

2. To do full tracing of a signal is it necessary to specify in Hierarchy Editor -> AMS -> Save/Plot saving all the signals?
   I specified saving/plotting of the limiting number of signals and when I try to find driver(s) for particular signal, tracing stopped at signal itself and doesn't show its driver(s).

Regards.

Pavel.

Schematic_Tracer.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.