The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 12:26pm
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Maximizing PSS simulation accuracy in presence ... (Read 14427 times)
schehrazi
Community Member

University of CA, LA
Re: Maximizing PSS simulation accuracy in presence
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2007, 10:21am

Another update for those interested in this thread:

I talked to somebody from Cadence a few minutes ago, this issue is not related to different versions of Cadence. It was his mistake last time, he read the result of the shooting method simulation instead of harmonic balance in his simulation. That's why he thought it was working with the previous ISR.

The key to make this work is to use a HUGE number of harmonics. I thought 200 was already a lot but he suggested to increase it to 1024 and now, the results well match! I am amazed why I should use that huge number of harmonics though!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2007, 1:39pm

This is a risk with all harmonic balance simulators. In many circumstances they require a large number of harmonics and to date none of them automatically set the number of harmonics to control error.

Shame on them. Spice has had automatic error control for 35 years, and there is no reason why it cannot be provided with harmonic balance. Personally, as a user, I think you should be outraged and let Cadence know that you are disappointed in them.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
BERBEREPHONE

Reply #17 - Apr 5th, 2007, 2:18pm

Hi ,

There is someone who knows a way to measure IIP3 and compression point 1db under ELDO for an MIXER in a AC analysis or SST analysis??

Thanks a lot,

ecrivez moi les commandes a utiliser pour calculer 1db compression point

ibrdmmache

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.