The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 15th, 2024, 6:40am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS netlist problem (Read 3125 times)
danda821

AMS netlist problem
Feb 14th, 2007, 2:17pm

When I use AMS Netlister netlist some circuit block, it generates several error:

Error: Value "1" of property "m" (CDF name "m") on instance "T0" is a string.
         Ensure that value of "m" factor property is of type integer or real.
where T0.. are transistor in a kit.

So I use CIW->Tool->CDF->Edit... to change CDF, but since the transistor is from a design kit, I can only open it in "read-only" mode. Is there anyway to overcome this problem? Thanks.

danda821

View Profile   IP Logged
zhong
Community Member

California , United States
Re: AMS netlist problem
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2007, 7:58pm

AMS netlist(cell-based) require correct parameter type setup. You need to change m to "real" or "integ" type in CDF.  This is right thing to do since it should be "real" or "integ" parameter type based on the CDF parameter definition.   You can either ask PDK admin to change that or copy the PDK lib in your local to change that.

The other thing you can try is to use OSS netlisting in AMS-ADE which can avoid to have CDF change but you may run into other issues...

Zhong

View Profile   IP Logged
danda821

Re: AMS netlist problem
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:54pm

Problem solved after I copy the kit to home directory and change CDF property of the transistors.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.