The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 15th, 2024, 4:06am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Offstate transistor model (Read 2696 times)
ee484

Offstate transistor model
Mar 09th, 2007, 10:24am

Dear all,

What are the mechanisms that cause off-state finite resistance of MOS (i.e., NMOS)?

For example, a simple nmos switch case, is there any charges (i.e., intrinsic or induced charges when one of terminal is at high voltage (i.e.2V)) between source and drain? Can I assume that off-state finite resistance is mainly due to the resistance between two diffusions?

Or, another theory -The mainly responsible for off-state finite resistance of MOS is from the resistance between souce/drain and substrate contact. (Ptap for NMOS case, bulk contact).

any references and comments are welcome.

Last, but not least, can I trust spice for off-state mos model??

Best,
B

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Offstate transistor model
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2007, 7:28am

ee484 wrote on Mar 9th, 2007, 10:24am:
Last, but not least, can I trust spice for off-state mos model??

This really is a question of whether you can trust your foundry to do an adequate job of extraction in subthreshold.  I would expect that you can, particularly for digital designs, the off-state (subthreshold) leakage is of critical importance when you're trying to calculate the static power dissipation of  your design.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.