The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 11:14am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OpAmp simulation (Read 83 times)
eng
Community Member

USA
OpAmp simulation
Mar 30th, 2007, 2:23pm

Hi
I'm a designing a fully differential opamp for CT Filter. The circuit has different gain and phase margin values according to the analysis I chose.
Case 1:
XF analysis. 1 Port element connected between diff input and biasing voltages are applied thru a AC blocking resistors (50K). Gain and phase curve drawn at the output.

Case 2:
AC analysis. Common mode (vdc) and diff mode (vsin) sources connected thru an ideal_balun (from analog lib). Gain and phase curve of (vop-von)/(vip-vin) are drawn.

There is 6 dB gain difference and 80 degree phase difference between 2 simulations. (XF has better results)

I wonder if there is any trick that I'm missing in the setup and which case is more proper for and OpAmp simulation?

Any helps will be highly appreciated.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: OpAmp simulation
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2007, 3:21pm

The port component is giving you twice the voltage you think it is because it is not seeing a matched load. You should use the voltage source setup.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.