The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 1st, 2024, 9:18pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to choose MOSFET from PDK? (Read 3574 times)
sapphire
Community Member

how to choose MOSFET from PDK?
Apr 05th, 2007, 1:46am

Hello all,

I need you guys experience on how to choose the NMOS/PMOS type from a PDK. In the PDK, we can see different types of NMOS or PMOS. For example, in tsmc0.25 rf, there are nmos2v, nmos3v, nmoszvt, nmosnvt, nmosmvt, nmosesd, and rfnmos......and a lot of different pmos. How to select the right type of mosfet for a design?

Thanks

Edward. W

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: how to choose MOSFET from PDK?
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2007, 2:32am

That depends on the technology and your design. Say nmos2v is 2.5V core device, it will be used to design digital circuit and 2.5V analog circuit. Say nmos3v is 3.3V I/O device, it will be used to design I/O buffer and 3.3V analog circuit. You'd better refer to the PDK doc for the details.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Vabzter

Sweden
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2007, 7:19am

In addition many fets have different threshold e.g high-hvt, low-lvt, zero-zvt. It all depends on your application and supply voltage..

View Profile   IP Logged
LL

California
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2007, 12:16am

Those devices represent the various option available in your process.  Keep in mind that just because they're in the PDK, it doesn't mean you can use them.  The options all have mask cost implications. Make sure your project lead understands the impact before putting them in your design.  ;)

cheers,
LL

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.