The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:10pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to model frequency domain in Verilog-A (Read 1937 times)
Bill Toole

How to model frequency domain in Verilog-A
Apr 05th, 2007, 11:17am

Hi

I am wanting to find out if it is possible to develop frequency domain only models in verilog-A for spectreRF harmonic balance simulations. For example, I would like to create a model for an ideal DC block similar to the DC-Block component in ADS. In the frequency domain this should be simple - if the input frequency is DC, the output is zero otherwise the output is the same as the input for all other frequencies or something along that lines. I am not very familiar with verilog-A yet but I get the feeling that this may be more of a problem than I first thought. I am not asking for the code to do this just weather it is even possible before I dive into the water. If it is possible could you point me to a reference or example of some code for the frequency domain. Thanks in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: How to model frequency domain in Verilog-A
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2007, 5:51pm

No, it is not possible.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.