The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to instantiate spectre modules in VerilogA ? (Read 3060 times)
rajdeep

UK
How to instantiate spectre modules in VerilogA ?
May 10th, 2007, 9:56pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to instantiate one spectre module within a VerilogA netlist. But it is giving a parse error, saying
that the instantiated module is undefined.

I'm trying to write model for a big module M which contains another module B.
I'm trying to model M actually. To do this I'm just instantiating B whose schematic and symbol views both are available
in the same library. (I'm using Cadence ICFB environment .)

Is there a way to instantiate a symbol within a verilogA? Because I'm only following the method of instantiating subckts
and it is not working.

Plz help!
Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How to instantiate spectre modules in VerilogA
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2007, 2:31am

Do you have veriloga in the stop list of the netlister (Setup->Environment)? If so, it shouldn't be, since there is hierarchy within the veriloga view. Note, the same thing applies if you're using a config - veriloga should not be in the stop list in the config.

Is the subckt for B appearing in the netlist?

Try modifying the veriloga view for M (add a blank line) and save and exit the editor - this will re-trigger it to be parsed, and it should then update the cellView with information about the hierarchy. Provided you're using IC5141 or earlier, you might want to look in library directory structure, under the cellView M/veriloga, and look at the file pc.db. This file should indicate any cellViews instantiated within M - and this is how the hierarchy expansion at netlisting time knows to netlist B. The pc.db file is ASCII, so can be inspected easily (don't edit it though...)

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rajdeep

UK
Re: How to instantiate spectre modules in VerilogA
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2007, 11:13am

Hi Andrew,

thanks again! I haven't checked that. This seems to be the reason..

Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.