The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 8:10pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
substrate coupling analysis (Read 78 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
substrate coupling analysis
Jun 06th, 2007, 12:50am

Hello, guys,

Would you please recommend any software to analyze the substrate coupling? I need a software to assist the floor plan which composed of RF transceiver, analog baseband, and some digital filters.

Thank you.
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Re: substrate coupling analysis
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2007, 11:37pm

Hi,
I didn't have many experience with this kind of tools but at my lab signal integrity guys are working with WaveIntegrityTm, the website of this product is:http://www.cwseda.com/, one of the creators is François CLEMENT who was also involved in the SUBSTRATE STORM development.
As I said I don't have many experience with these tool, if I could talk to one of the labmates and ask his opinion I will post any references here.
Good Luck.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
JoRobins

Give and it shall be
given unto you!

San Diego, CA
Re: substrate coupling analysis
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2007, 6:35am

Probably late for this party, but I've seen demos of the Cadence Assura HF option which is the substrate analysis option package of the Assura Suite. That looked impressive and my design group is beginning to use and evaluate the performance/accuracy.

You could do things like add an aggessor ac voltage source on the extracted layout and look graphically @ the coupling to various points on the layout. You could also see graphically the influence of different guard rings schemes and such. The key thing is to have extraction decks (models) for this tool to work. Otherwise, it integrates well into the overall cadence design methodology.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.