The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 11:26pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help on Spectre Tran. simulation for LC-VCO (Read 2251 times)
trashbox
Community Member

Help on Spectre Tran. simulation for LC-VCO
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:16pm

Hi guys,
When I am running LC-VCO tran. simulation with spectre, I run into several problems:
1) what's the path and file name of netlist file which is used to be simulated? Even when I deleted the file "input.scs" and "netlist" at home/simulation/t_lcvco_test/spectre/schematic/netlist, then I press "run" on the Analog Design Environment, the simulation can run!! It seems that the file "input.scs" and "netlist" are not the files which is simulated directly. I want to modify my netlist file by hand, however, I don't know which file is the simulated-netlist.

2) During my simulation, there are several warnings, however, the spectre.out only shows five warnings and the others are suppressed. How can I let all warnings visible?

3) When I set a initial simulation condition at some node in my schematic, spectre warns:
Warning from spectre during IC analysis, during transient analysis `tran'.
   Initial condition of 800 mV between nodes I0.net082 and 0 ignored because
       there is no capacitive path to ground.
So I added a small capacitor between I0.net082 and vss, netstlist and run again, the spectre warns:
Notice from spectre during IC analysis, during transient analysis `tran'.
   Initial condition computed for node I0.net082 is in error by 1.23307 mV
       (154.134 m%).
       To reduce error in computed initial conditions, decrease `rforce'.
       However, setting rforce too small may result in convergence
       difficulties or in the matrix becoming singular.
How to add initial conditions in spectre?
Thanks in advance.

View Profile   IP Logged
James Bond
Community Member

Re: Help on Spectre Tran. simulation for LC-VCO
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2007, 1:14am

Find your dc voltage of that node, and set initial value 10mv higher than that node voltage.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.