The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 5:42pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LVS with Standard Cell Libraries (Read 3423 times)
mtpank

LVS with Standard Cell Libraries
Jun 26th, 2007, 5:03am

Does anyone know how to get standard cells through lvs??

I'm drawing a mixed-mode design vith virtuoso XL and would like to use digital standard cells provided by vendor.
For these standard cells vendor provides layout views that have only diffusion, n-well and metal1 layers + pins visible.
I'm using calibre to do LVS checks.

Problem arises when calibre tries to extract the standard cells. More precisely, it cannot recognize standard cells.
I guess, it is trying to compare them on the transistor level, but fails because the layout views are incomplete.
I've tried to turn on recognize all gates option from LVS options Gates tab, but this doesn't help.
There must be a way to tell LVS checker that standard cells are OK, do not bother to check them, but how to do this?

View Profile   IP Logged
mtpank

Re: LVS with Standard Cell Libraries
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2007, 3:09am

Cheesy ...found it myself. Careful examination of Calibres user manual paid off.
So here is the solution for all interested.

You have to merge standard cells as black boxes to the LVS rule file.
For example:
LVS BOX A_lay A_src
where A_lay is the layout view and A_src is the schematic view of a given standar cell.

Note.  Power pin name mismatches are still possible due to inherited power pin  names used in standard cell libraries.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.