The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 8:59am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
strange problem ahout IIP3 (Read 2541 times)
augjan

strange problem ahout IIP3
Jul 01st, 2007, 6:50pm

When I simulated IIP3 of a Double-balanced CMOS Mixer, I find the slope is not 3 but about 2.35, so selecting different input amplitude to extrapolate, the IIP3 result is different. Why dose this instance occur? When meeting this problem, how can I simulate IIP3?
I set amp_RF=-60dBm and amp_LO=0dBm,but the result was still strange which can be seen in the picture. I think the input amplitudes is small enough, isn't it?

IIP3_60_0.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Re: strange problem ahout IIP3
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2007, 11:05pm

Hi,
I think the range of extrapolation points that give a best result in this case is something between -50 and -30 dBm, in this range I expect a little drift in the final value(<1dB).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
gavi

Bucharest
Re: strange problem ahout IIP3
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2007, 8:24am

Hi,

The simulation result is affected very much, for small signal levels, by tolerance options.
You can rerun the simulation by choosing reltol 0,0001, vastol 1e-6 and iabstol 1e-12.
You have to choose ep to a value only when the slope is close to 3.

Best regards,
Gavi

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.