The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 5:20pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
antenna error (Read 2523 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

antenna error
Jul 20th, 2007, 12:10am

Hi all,

how does changing the metal layer fix the antenna error problem? i.e. changing back and forth between metal lines...

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Re: antenna error
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2007, 12:19am

Hi,
Antenna effect is caused during the etching of the metals. The track "captures" ions that go to the gate oxide. Breaking the track and going one metal up during a short space and the going down again will prevent this effect.
Hope it helps,

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Re: antenna error
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2007, 12:29am

Hi again,
I was thinking that I don't really answer your question. If you think how the IC is fabricated you will see that the foundry maka one layer at time(first ion implantation, then heat to growth...), referring to metals first you have metaln after the etch the oxide growth and you have metaln+1. So if you have a track made in metaln and you break it to prevent antenna, during etching it will atract ions but when the ions arrive at the break they won't find a path to continue because your bridge in metaln+1 will not be fabricated yet.
Hope it helps,

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.