The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is the eyediagram OK for the system applications? (Read 3534 times)
dandelion
Community Member

Is the eyediagram OK for the system applications?
Jul 26th, 2007, 12:32am

Hi,
Would you pls. take a look at the attached three eyediagrams?

Eyediagram1 is a normal eyediagram. But eyediagram2 and diagram3 shows the crosspoint of the eyediangram shifted from midpoint seriously, especially for the eyedianrgram3, the crosspoint even disappeared. I checked my design spec, for the rise/fall time it is OK. And for the another spec of PWD(pulse waveform distortion), although the crosspoint of the eyediangram2&3 shifted seriously, they also meet the PWD spec because of the sharp rise/fall edge.

I wonder if the eyediagram2&3 is indeed OK for the system even they meet the design spec?

Thanks in advance
Dandelion

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Is the eyediagram OK for the system applicatio
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2007, 2:49am

Hi,

What is it in eyediagram 3? The eyediagram 2 looks very bad. Is it 010101... ? Generally a mask is defined for the serial data communication like USB, IEEE 1394 .... You should check whether the waveform violate the mask.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
dandelion
Community Member

Re: Is the eyediagram OK for the system applicatio
Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2007, 10:11pm

Is there any more comments,pls.?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.