The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UltraSim option (Read 6271 times)
fz2101

UltraSim option
Aug 07th, 2007, 1:52pm

Hello everyone,

When using UltraSim, from the Analog Design Enivronment (ADE), if I go to  Simulation -> Options -> Analog ... -> under Simulation Mode, there are 6 options including one that is called "Analog Multi-Rate (AMR)."  However, after I created a "config" cellview, and in the hierarchy editor, I turned "Properties" in View, the "sim_mode" column only has 5 options, without AMR.  Is there a way to choose AMR from hierarchy editor?

The reason I want to choose AMR is that, for some reason I did not get the correct transient output with either Mixed Signal (MS) or Analog (A) but only with AMR, which I would assume to be less accurate than Analog (A) from the way the options are arranged.  Any ideas why?  The block I'm simulating is a mixer whos output goes into a block that is mainly digital, i.e. Digital Fast (DF).  I'm looking at the output of the mixer.

Thanks,

frank

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: UltraSim option
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2007, 10:37pm

AMR is somewhat deemphasized these days because it only helps in a few cases. Anyway, you can get amr in the set of choices by going to your MMSIM installation, and editing the file <instdir>/share/cdssetup/registry/props/ultrasim.def - add in "amr" to the choices in the sim_mode definition.

I did just try adding it in a ~/propdict.def (see the <ICinstDir>/doc/caiuser/caiuser.pdf doc , chapter 13 on the occurrence property dictionary), but because of how the searching is done, it seems thet that ultrasim.def is winning over the same named property in a personal propdict.def - I expect with a bit more digging I could solve that, but a quick answer is to modify the ultrasim.def in the MMSIM installation.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.