The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 7:18pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
layout the elliptic gm-C filter (Read 1896 times)
edward.yin

CHN
layout the elliptic gm-C filter
Aug 08th, 2007, 1:53am

hi,all

after I finished the schematic of a elliptic Gm-C filter, what requirement should I take into account when I layout the filter, is there anyone who can give me some advice about that?

thx in advance!

View Profile edward.yin   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: layout the elliptic gm-C filter
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2007, 8:00am

For an elliptic gmC filter where pole Q is normally quite high you will be more prone to layout parasitics fouling up your reponse/gain. So pay attention to parasitic R (short tracks not too narrow, ensure good via coverage where needed) as well as C (use higher level metals) and an post layout extracted simulation is a must to check the performance.
Also be aware non-schematic items like antenna diodes which may not be extracted from the layout.

I guess its differential so of course pay attention to symmetry. Anyway try the excellent book by Alan Hastings "The Art of Analog Layout".

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.