The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 20th, 2024, 3:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SQNR of delta sigma (Read 2592 times)
min

SQNR of delta sigma
Aug 14th, 2007, 2:07am

Hi all :

I am studing of delta sigma . and I have a question about the  SQNR as function of input amplitude.

My question is " Can SQNR remain high when the input signal above 0dBFS ( such as 0.5dBFS) ?" I usually think that

that when the input signal approach the full scale, the modulator will unstable and the SQNR will decrease sharply,

but recently I see an article , its SQNR remain high as the input signal at 0.5dBFS, the result confuss me. Can

anybody tell me why . and I want to know that the input full scale indicate what ? Is full scale mean reference

voltage?

thanks!

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2007, 1:03am by min »  
View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: SQNR of delta sigma
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2007, 9:14pm

Hi,

What do you mean? "SQNR remain high above 0 dBFS", is that mean SQNR value greater than 0 dBFS? That is impossible theoretically.

View Profile   IP Logged
HdrChopper
Community Fellow

Re: SQNR of delta sigma
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2007, 2:13pm

min wrote on Aug 14th, 2007, 2:07am:
Hi all :

and I want to know that the input full scale indicate what ? Is full scale mean reference

voltage?

thanks!

Full scale usually refers to the dynamic range of the modulator. If your are talking about voltage then FS must be smaller than the system's supply voltage and therefore your signal could be larger than you FS if you do not clamp it at the input somehow. In this case I guess you are refering to the reference voltage as the one setting the dynamic range. If that is the case then FS=voltage reference. For a signal larger than the FS I guess you could get lots of quantization noise since the modulator dynamics for the desired noise shaping are not valid any more.

Tosei

Keep it simple
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.