The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:22am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to simulate a shift register? (Read 5258 times)
rf_man

how to simulate a shift register?
Aug 31st, 2007, 4:51am

Hello,

As an RF design engineer, I have no experience with digital simulators, and also not quite familiar with digital stuff. I would like to get help from you that how to simulate a shift register. The shift register is an 8-bit register, consiscts of 8 in series connected D-FFs, and the Q output of the 8th D-FF is fed back to the D input of the 1st D-FF. As I know, once a word is write to the register, say 10000000, then the shift register will shift one bit to the right till the right-most bit, and then rotate back to the left most bit...

In the SpectreRF I used vpulse to simulate the register but without feedback, I can see that the bit is shifted to the right, but how to simulate the register with feedback? how to write the initial word into the register, and then let the shift register rotate itself?

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.