The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 4:42pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to write sequential program using SKILL (Read 3252 times)
rajdeep

UK
how to write sequential program using SKILL
Sep 12th, 2007, 3:55am

hi all,

I have been trying to execute a set of skill functions in the CIW. My objective is to run them sequentially,
that is one after another. To do this I'm just writing them in a file in the order I want, and loading that file
in the CIW using load("skillprogram.il").

But I don't think it is executing them sequentially. When I run those skill functions one by one in the CIW it works fine.....

Is there a way to write sequential programs using SKILL??

Plz help
Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
svenn

Does it have to be
legal?

Germany
Re: how to write sequential program using SKILL
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2007, 1:29pm

Depends on what skill functions you are running. Try to select all of your skill functions and paste them into CIW instead of one by one and see what happens. If you copy and paste one line after each other, your mouse movement is slow enough for any ipc calls to finish before you manage to get the next function paste.

--
Svenn

Svenn
View Profile   IP Logged
haikom

Germany
Re: how to write sequential program using SKILL
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2007, 12:43pm

Hi,

if you are using SKILL++ (files with the extention .ils), you all command inside the letseq( ... ) statement are executed sequentially. But there are some differences to SKILL (scope of variables, symbol handling). Please check the SKILL Language User Guide chapter 13 (About SKILL++ and SKILL).

Kind regards,
haikom

View Profile haikomo   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.