The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jun 16th, 2024, 11:39am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Several "ground" and "Vdd" connections (Read 76 times)
DoYouLinux
Community Member

Several "ground" and "Vdd" connections
Oct 16th, 2007, 8:05am

Hi all,

I just forgot a thing to ask. In my layout, I have to "Gnd" connections for ground and two "Vdd" connections for a supply voltage. Actually, each of them will be independently connected to each pad, and then will be tied together to the supply and to the ground plane outside the chip (on a PCB). However, in my schematic, I have only one "Vdd" pin and one "Gnd" pin.

When I ran LVS, do I need to set any parameter (in Assura LVS) ?

Will the LVS report some error message ?

Thank you very much in advance,

DYLinux

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Several "ground" and "Vdd" connections
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2007, 9:39am

If both VDD pads/pins are connected together physically in metal/poly on the chip, then there is no problem. If the two VDD's will only be connected on the PCB, then in Assura LVS you can use joinableNet command. If using the Assura GUI, at the bottom click "View Additional Functions" and fill in the joinableNet Command box and add to the command list. Depending on your exact circumstances, you might need the mustJoinNet command, the details of these will be in the assura user guide in your installation path.

This post is will probably be better answered if posted in the "Physical Verification, Extraction and Analysis" part of this forum.

cheers
aw

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.