The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 8:13pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
edge specific phase noise (Read 1759 times)
MoscowMike

Moscow, Idaho
edge specific phase noise
Oct 24th, 2007, 2:37pm

Howdy

I am finishing work on a cml output path for a crystal oscillator.  Based on sourcelink and material from here, I designed a noiseless verilog limiter calibrated to the linear range of my logic gates to improve phase noise measurement accuracy.  Still, my block drives an edge triggered receiver which will never propagate noise contained in my falling edge transition, so I still need to find a way to render my falling edges noiseless if I am to produce an accurate simulation result predictive of actual noise propagation in my system.

Repeated attempts to realize a verilogA model which clips off noise outside the linear range of the receiver, and remove noise on falling edges, have only produced a compendium of error messages from Spectre, the verilogA code parser, et cetera.

Has anyone a suggestion about how to implement an extension to the noiseless AM filter to remopve falling edge noise?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.