The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jun 16th, 2024, 9:31am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Analog Corner Analysis: component has no corner (Read 3037 times)
DoYouLinux
Community Member

Analog Corner Analysis: component has no corner
Oct 26th, 2007, 7:41am

Hi all,

I am using the Virtuoso Analog Corner Analysis to simulate my circuit. For transistors, they have corner information so that I can put in .PCF and .DCF files. However, for the diodes, they don't have any corner information. When I simulate by selecting "run" in the Analog Corner Analysis window, there was an error message indicating that it cannot find the model of the diode ???

Anyone has some suggestion ?

Thank you in advance,

DYLinux  ;)

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Analog Corner Analysis: component has no corne
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2007, 9:32pm

Hi,

Some models are not so mature that they have not corner models for each device. Then you'd better estimate the effect on the simulation and confirm it will not impact the function and key performance of the silicon. However, it is still good to run corner simulation even if the diode model has not any corner model. Just select the diode model for every corner to run in Virtuoso Analog Corner Analysis. Smiley

Good luck
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.