The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 10:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BSIM4 model (Read 3719 times)
tariavo

BSIM4 model
Nov 19th, 2007, 8:23am

Hi everybody!
I have 3 questions:
I try calculating MOSFET params outside any tool and use BSIM4 model, but encountered the "cut" equation(see pictures): does anybody have the rest of equation?

In the BSIM4 manual the term Cdep is used, but there is no definition. It seems to be capacitance of depletion region in channel but How is it calculated?

Is it possible to calculate power leakage with the aid of HSIM ("HSIMplus 2005.02.7") ? (for instance: power leakage of cell NAND)

Thanks for reply!
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2007, 2:29am by tariavo »  

cut.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: BSIM4 model
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2007, 9:34am

Check the slides from the BSIM group's report to the Compact Model Council in 2006:
 http://www.eigroup.org/cmc/minutes/4q06_presentations/cmc_2006q4_bsim.pdf

The full equations are on page 7 of that PDF.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: BSIM4 model
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2008, 1:50pm

Hi Tariavo,

In my experience the BSIM manuals contain many mistakes. Only by careful reading it is possible to put together the picture of what the equation actually should be. It would be nice if with a next update the BSIM group would also clean up the documentation.

The best approach to find Cdep is to try to find it in the BSIM4 source code and see where it gets its value.

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.