The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 1:18pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simulating LNA's PSRR (Read 2269 times)
nxing
Community Member

God help the person
who help themselves

China
simulating LNA's PSRR
Dec 26th, 2007, 10:37am

Hello everyone,

I have an differential LNA and would like to measure it's PSRR. what I am thinking is that the measuring of a "pseudo single-ended LNA" 's PSRR make more sense. Does anybody can tell me how to set the test bench up?

Thanks

nxing

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: simulating LNA's PSRR
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2008, 5:50am

You could try a simple ac sweep, with ac magnitude of 1 on the power supply for a small signal measurement of PSRR.

Then look at the ac magnitude on the differential output net. In an ideal schematic, this should be very low. For a more realistic PSRR you'll need to include layout parasitics and mismatch (via monte-carlo), both of which will cause imbalance and hence less common-mode rejection of the supply signal to the differential nets.

For accuracy at higher frequencies, your test bench should include effects such as loading, ESD, bondpads, packaging, pcb etc.

cheers
aw

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.