The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 3:16pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nfet in Nwell capacitance? (Read 2937 times)
joel
Community Member

Nfet in Nwell capacitance?
Dec 28th, 2007, 2:20pm

I'm looking at a design that uses Nfet in Nwell to implement a single-terminal capacitor.
The foundry library does not include a model for this structure.  How should I expect
the gate-capacitance to behave? Will it be significantly different from a native Nfet
(for which I have a model) or a standard Nfet whose Vth is hand-edited to zero?

One more question.  Supposing I raise the voltage of the structure's nwell to Vdd
rather than its normal Vss tie.  What happens to the gate capacitance in this configuration?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

View Profile   IP Logged
Terence

CAD Lab.

Taiwan, R.O.C.
Re: Nfet in Nwell capacitance?
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2008, 2:57am

How should I expect the gate-capacitance to behave?
==> the capacitance will be similar to Cox once you operate the nMOS in accumulation mode.

Will it be significantly different from a native Nfet (for which I have a model) or a standard Nfet whose Vth is hand-edited to zero?
==> I suggest to check foundry's document.

One more question.  Supposing I raise the voltage of the structure's nwell to Vdd rather than its normal Vss tie.  What happens to the gate capacitance in this configuration?
==> that will make the nMOS to operate at accumulation mode once you tie the gate to Vss. The capacitance will be close to Cox.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.