The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 10:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SPECTRE : saving and recovering checkpoints ? (Read 2722 times)
olifant

SPECTRE : saving and recovering checkpoints ?
Jan 17th, 2008, 6:01am

Although the SPECTRE simulator manual states that it is possible save checkpoints (using the +checkpoint command line option), in order to recover them later on (using the +recover command line option), this does not seem to work.  The checkpoint gets saved alright (input.scs.tran.ckpt), but when I try to restore it, the simulator locks up.  The output log shows the following (see below) and then freezes.  I'm trying to use the checkpoints since I am running simulations which need a long time to converge: I tried to speed this up by using initial conditions ("readic=spectre.fc" in the netlist, where spectre.fc is the file containing the initial conditions at the end of the previous simulation), but this does not give very accurate results, even if I tie up the tolerances.  Any suggestions ?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Transient Analysis `tran': time = (0 s -> 1 ms)
Recovering from checkpoint file input.scs.tran.ckpt
Restarting at time 378.059 us.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.