The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:13pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to use Calibre to extract parasitical L? (Read 6455 times)
lsfeng

How to use Calibre to extract parasitical L?
Jan 25th, 2008, 11:44pm

hi,all
I am using smic18mmrf to design a uwb LNA (3-5G),and the Calibre Xrc can only extracted the R C,but not L.
as we all know ,the parasitical L is have much effect on rf circuit,so can anyone tell me how can I get the parasitical L form Calibre and get a more presied post-simulation?
thanks in advance!

View Profile   IP Logged
R. Zakai

Re: How to use Calibre to extract parasitical L?
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2008, 4:28pm

Hi,

Recent releases of Calibre have self inductance as well as mutual inductance extraction capability. You do need an asitic like tech file so it knows process cross section. The same GUI that lets you extract C,CC and R also lets you extract L. You do need the license to extract L which is a separate from RC extractor. The setup for L extraction is tricky. I myself am trying to clarify a few things about that.

R. Zakai

View Profile   IP Logged
9patch

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2008, 4:20pm

That's right, you need a separate license for Calibre xL. You also need to get a newish rule file from the foundry, and that will have the inductance statements in it. It's easiest to set up the run from the gui, Calibre Interactive.

View Profile   IP Logged
htho66

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2008, 4:21pm

Another question:
How to extract parasitical L with gate level, not transistor level?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.