The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 1:17pm
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
cmos down conversion mixer (Read 11821 times)
udaykumarchintala

ahmedabad
Re: cmos down conversion mixer
Reply #15 - Mar 02nd, 2008, 11:04am

hi,
   thanks for ur reply.......
   From the links you have sent,I understood that from the gain equation we can directly calculate the size of the RF transistors from the biasing current and transconductance,no need to find the poles and follow the design procedure of a cascode....Is it right?

Thanks......

View Profile   IP Logged
udaykumarchintala

ahmedabad
Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2008, 10:47am

Hii,
   In a gilbert mixer The LO transistor should be biased in triode or saturation and why?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
udaykumarchintala

ahmedabad
Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2008, 1:10pm

Hii,
   In my mixer circuit in the LO ,I have used a pulse source and its peak amplitude is 250mV and source resistance is 100 ohm...so how to claculate the LO power in dBm?and what is maximum LO amplitude that can be used in mixers?

Thanks.......
Uday

View Profile   IP Logged
udaykumarchintala

ahmedabad
Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2008, 10:21am

Hi,
I have designed a folded cascode mixer at 2.4GHz RF and LO is at 2.3GHz,I'm getting 1 dB compression point as 0.56dBm,for calculating IIP3 I have given two tones as 2.401G and 2.4G , while plotting the curves, both the fundamental and third order components are intersecting what could be the problem?I have not designed the matching circuits......will it cause this?

Thanks in advance....

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.