The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 3:32pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saving operating point in Transient (Read 3694 times)
parth_sv

Saving operating point in Transient
Feb 28th, 2008, 5:45am

Hi All,
     I need to do noise analysis on a circuit whose response is quite dynamic. For this purpose i need to save the operating point of the entire circuit at a given time in transient run and use this as 'ic or nodeset' in noise analysis. While its quite easy in hspice, how can I do this in spectre(ADE) (Unfortunately I dont have access to hspice -:( )?

Thanks in Advance

View Profile   IP Logged
achim.graupner
Community Member

Re: Saving operating point in Transient
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2008, 6:39am

Hi there,

well the most simplest solution is using the final operating point.
In Cadence ADE this option is "hided" is in the Setup->Simulation->Transient->Option.

As far as I remember you need to do an DC op before the noise analysis, as in noise analysis nodeset has been or still is not supported.

To change the analysis order (to have dc before noise) in ADE it is Setup->Environment->Simulation Order, just use spectre syntax there.

Hope that helps,
Regards,Achim

Achim Graupner
ZMD AG, Dresden, Silicon Saxony, Germany
View Profile   IP Logged
John O Donovan

San Jose, CA
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2008, 9:05am

Do a spectre -h tran, and look at the parameters actimes and acnames. These allow you to run a set of AC type analyses, including noise at particular times during the transient analysis. I think that there are equivalent fields in the ADE interface but don't have ADE up to check.

Regards,
 John

View Profile   IP Logged
parth_sv

Reply #3 - Feb 29th, 2008, 5:01am

Hi John,
 Thanks - got it. Need to specify acnames and actimes - time when i want to run noise

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.