The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 11:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mixer input matching 0.6GHz - 2.2GHz (Read 600 times)
akasha

Mixer input matching 0.6GHz - 2.2GHz
Mar 05th, 2008, 8:53am

I have to design a mixer and an input matching network for 50 ohms, which should work for an RF input from 0.6GHz to 2.2GHz. Can you recommend me topologies to achieve the matching for this bandwidth?

As for additional information regarding the system, I have to use a single-balanced mixer (if it's really necessary it can go to double-balanced). There is no restriction to transconductor architecture so I can use both common-gate and common-source. Matching networks using either only resistors / only inductors / both R's and L's are welcome. Regarding parasitic capacitances, they are not too high since I use 90nm technology. Also, before the mixer there is an off-chip filter, and it might be possible to use components both on-chip and off-chip.

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
sanredrose

Atlanta
Re: Mixer input matching 0.6GHz - 2.2GHz
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2008, 2:22pm

I suggest you go for a double balanced gilbert cell mixer. This eliminates your harmonics trouble and gives you good performance in the lower end of the RF frequency range ...

View Profile sanredrose codename_47x   IP Logged
sanredrose

Atlanta
Re: Mixer input matching 0.6GHz - 2.2GHz
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2008, 2:23pm

CMOS 90nm ?? Hmm i am also working on the same, but in a diff frequency range ... 8G

View Profile sanredrose codename_47x   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.