The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 11:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PARAMETER HAS NOT BEEN SET (Spectre) (Read 1832 times)
firsttimedesigning

PARAMETER HAS NOT BEEN SET (Spectre)
Mar 05th, 2008, 4:30pm

everytime I simulate my circuit, it always says that PARAMETER HAS NOT BEEN SET: spectre, does anyone know how to solve this problem? thx

The simulator I am using is spectreS and I get this error only when I use spectreS. If I use other simulators, for example, spectre, then I dont get this type of error. Even though, the model and parameter files that I use are the same.
So I am guessing the problem is within the file...but I am not so sure....

Another error that I had faced is that when the simulator starts to generate the netlist, spectre would shut down on itself. All the spectre windows would close and it would return a segmentation fault.

Anyone knows how to solve these problems?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: PARAMETER HAS NOT BEEN SET (Spectre)
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2008, 6:15am

Spectre is the simulator.  Something else (ade?) is responsible for generating the netlist.  You should be clear about what is what.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.