The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 11:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
extracting BJT parameters for parasitic BJTs (Read 3286 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

extracting BJT parameters for parasitic BJTs
Mar 14th, 2008, 12:31am

Hi,

I want to extract crude models for parasitic BJTs with IS, & BF more than sufficient for my task. How can I do this?
I know the doping of the wells and the spacings etc. However, the textbook formula requires knowledge of
the diffusion coefficients or alternatively minority carrier mobilities which I have no way of estimating.

Or is there a good way? I only want a crude overview of the behavior. Any tips will be useful.

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: extracting BJT parameters for parasitic BJTs
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2008, 12:43pm

Page 33 of my edition of Muller & Kamins has a plot of mobility as a function of dopant density for 3 dopants (As, B, P); there's also an equation and some tabulated values.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Re: extracting BJT parameters for parasitic BJTs
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2008, 6:14am

Geoffrey_Coram wrote on Mar 17th, 2008, 12:43pm:
Page 33 of my edition of Muller & Kamins has a plot of mobility as a function of dopant density for 3 dopants (As, B, P); there's also an equation and some tabulated values.

Too bad! That's one book I don't have. Will look around to see if someone has a copy.

Thanks
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.