The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 2:19am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The gain of the error amplifier in DC/DC regulator (Read 2022 times)
dandelion
Community Member

The gain of the error amplifier in DC/DC regulator
Apr 29th, 2008, 7:15pm

Hi,
In DC-DC regulator design, there is always an error amplifier to monitor the ofset voltage. So the gain of the error amplifier is high in many products. I noticed many of them is above 65dB in typ, even some of them is high up to 90dB above in typ.

But my deisgn can only provide 55dB in typ, 40dB in WCS. I know the high gain will bring high precison. I wonder if there is any other risks in it?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Re: The gain of the error amplifier in DC/DC regul
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2008, 12:13am

I think that battery rejection can be an issue. High gain and bandwidth in the error amplifier increases the
battery rejection.

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
HdrChopper
Community Fellow

Re: The gain of the error amplifier in DC/DC regul
Reply #2 - May 1st, 2008, 10:53am

I agree with Berti. In addition the regulator output impedance is another thing to consider. The higher the gain and bandwidth the smaller the output resistance from DC to higher frequencies. This is desirable in order to avoid load noise rejection.

Regards
Tosei

Keep it simple
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.