The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 12:43am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Capacitor matching in 90nm CMP (Read 1709 times)
Leila

Capacitor matching in 90nm CMP
May 13th, 2008, 3:07pm

The question is; how to choose the unity capacitance for SAR ADC from the design kit. I am using 90nm from CMP, in their manual, they mentioned  cmin and ctype and cmax, what does that suppose to mean?

The solution is to use the standard deviation of the fractional matching error between two adjacent square capacitors which was modelled as,

δ=Ac/S
Where S is one side of the capacitor in µm. The value of AC is technology dependent and its unit is um as well, There is no such definition in their design kit just there is a section called matching Does that means that AC is equal to “matching” ?

I asked it from them but they just simply did not reply to me. I would appreciate if anybody could help in this regard.

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Re: Capacitor matching in 90nm CMP
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2008, 12:11am

Capacitor matching depends on the area. Therefore one standard derivation is σΔC/C = AC/sqrt(W*L).
Since a gaussian distribution is assumed ctyp, cmin, and cmax refer to the mean value and ±x⋅sigma
derivation, respectively (x is usually 3 or 6).

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.