The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 11:13pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Floquet eigenspace error during pnoise sims (Read 3672 times)
aval

Floquet eigenspace error during pnoise sims
May 26th, 2008, 9:29am

I am running pss+pnoise analysis on LDO + VCO (LDO being the power supply for the VCO). The VCO is a ring oscillator. All bondwire models are included and so are external capacitances on the LDO.

I get the following warning from pnoise:

"The Floquet eigenspace computed by spectre PSS analysis appears to be ill-defined. PNOISE computations may be inaccurate. Consider re-running the simulation with smaller reltol, different tstab(s), and method=gear2only. Check the circuit for unusual components."

I have tried out the suggestions (smaller reltol, increased tstab, gear2only). The warning does not go away. The warning does go away if the bondwire inductances are taken out. I would however like to simulate the noise with the bondwire inductances.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong here?

thanks in advance,
Aarathy

View Profile   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Re: Floquet eigenspace error during pnoise sims
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2008, 9:55am

Hi,
Time ago I find a similar problem with pss(I don't remember the error message), in my case was caused by bondwires without real part, adding a small amount of series resistance helped to solve this issue.
Hope it helps,

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
aval

Re: Floquet eigenspace error during pnoise sims
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2008, 12:46am

Thanks! That did work!!

I had missed the series resistance for ground and substrate connections. Once I included those, the problem went away.

thanks once again!
Aarathy

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2008, 4:30am by aval »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.