The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 19th, 2024, 8:22am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
linear periodic time-varying system (Read 1137 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

linear periodic time-varying system
Jun 10th, 2008, 6:44am

Hi all,

i have a mixer where i'm treating it as a LPTV system and trying to calculate the transfer function. For the first sideband, i've arrived at the solution:

Beta1*Vout(jw-jwLO) = IRF(jw)

that's just a simplification where Beta1 is the first harmonic of the fourier series expansion of a conductance, and IRF(jw) is the input current. wLO is the LO frequency. So my problem is, in order to maximize Vout(jw-jwLO) i need to minimize Beta1. However, if Beta1 = 0, then there would be no sideband. So where have i gone wrong?

thanks,
Aaron

BTW, to get that equation, i simply put IRF into a time varying conductance. Therefore, IRF(t) = Vout(t).G(t) . So when you take the fourier transform, Vout(t).G(t) becomes 1/2pi Vout(jw)*G(jw) where * is convolution.

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.