The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 8:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About matching of RF system (Read 1802 times)
Julian18
Community Member

About matching of RF system
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:16am

Hi, there
   As we all know LNA should have a specific input impedance for matching,  but mixer and all other block dont have that specification(in RFIC design). I wander if I can explain it in the following way:
    if the signal is transmitted in the form of wave (e.g. a LC network.) and the wavelength is much smaller than the transmitting path, you should take the reflection into account. on the other hand, if the signal is transmitted in the form of diffusion (e.g. a RC network.) or even if the signal is transmitted in the form of wave, the wavelength is large compare to the transimitting path, the voltage is more relevant.  
  I'm not sure if I am right or wrong. Any comment on this is welcome.

Best Regards

Julian

View Profile   IP Logged
Stefan

Re: About matching of RF system
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2008, 1:50pm

You're right. That's the problem why "on-chip" machting of e.g. mixers is so difficult to discuss. Anyway, matching of Antenna to the LNA is important to get the most energy out of the air-interface.

On-Chip it's more important to discuss driving capability of preceeding stages.

Don't forget that all illusions of "waves" is mainly a model to explain nature's phenomenoms Smiley

View Profile 16731287   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.