The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 7th, 2024, 4:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using verilogin (Read 4546 times)
dinac

Belgium
Using verilogin
Sep 17th, 2008, 2:06pm

Hi all,

I am trying to do a co-simulation of my control logic for my ADC.
I want to verify my Flow. i am new to mix simulation.

I wrote a vhdl code for my control-logic and got a gate-level verilog.Netlist of my design, using standard-cell '.lib' or '.db' format.
And now i am trying to parse this Netlist through ' verilogin '. and would be simulation with the other analog parts of my ADC.

The 'Reference Library' in verilogin? is this the same standard-cell '.db'\'.lib' file? because when i tried to define this in cds.lib, i find no cells in the ' Library Manager '. is this Ok?

Even though I discard this and try parsing the Netlist. i get some errors:

VerilogIn: *W,31 => Module X in FSM_file  not defined.Module FSM_file will be imported as functional.

VerilogIn: *W,101 => Could not find symbol master for instance
XY .Functional view won't have this instance.

Please Help me ..

Thanks........

View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: Using verilogin
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2008, 1:35am

Quote:
The 'Reference Library' in verilogin? is this the same standard-cell '.db'\'.lib' file? because when i tried to define this in cds.lib, i find no cells in the ' Library Manager '. is this Ok?

NO this is not OK, you need a Cadence DFII library of your standard cells for importing your Verilog Gate Level, this is a different library format as *.db or *.lib.
You usually get the Cadence DFII library form your standard cell vendor or you have to create the Cadence DFII library, cell views and
netlist properties, yourself. No that trivial for a beginner.
* bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
dinac

Belgium
Re: Using verilogin
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2008, 6:32am

Hi  bernd / all,

Thanks for your reply.
I guess i solved it

1. Reference Library "CDK"

2. -V option i provided the link of the standard-cell file in verilog format. ".V"

I found few errors, mentioning the verilog
" Verilog definition for module AND2 was not found. Using lib 'techlib' cell 'AND2' view 'symbol' as its symbol.

But i guess I could discard this.

Thanks a lot Again

cheers
dinac

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.