The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 4:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calibre PEX annotation back schematic (Read 1539 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Calibre PEX annotation back schematic
Oct 20th, 2008, 2:49am

Hi Guys,

I want to figure out the parasitic cap, res, and coupling cap between nets after extracting those parasitics using Calibre pex. It is disappointed for me to find that the annotated values are often unbelievable huge. The annotation is done with the following steps.

A calibre view is generated after running Calibre pex. Then I open the ADE in the schematic view, a Calibre pull down menu appears automatically in the Cadence schematic composer. Click Calibre -> Map Schematic Net... , a small window is poped up, named Map Schematic Nets to CalibreView Nets. In that window, click Select Schematic Net, then choose one net with the left key in the schematic view. Some resistor values are about 1000 Ω, some coupling caps are a few pico Farad, some parasitic caps between the net and the substrate are a few pico Farad, too. I think that they are too huge for the parasitics.

Is there any error in the operation to back-annotate the schematic? Any comments are appreciate.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Calibre PEX annotation back schematic
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008, 1:57am

Hi,

One more question. As you know, a net is divided into many small segments with distributed R + C mode. how do I locate a parasitic capacitor if I have extracted a layout with distributed R + C mode? I mean that I want to know the accurate location/cordinate for a parasitic capacitor.

Thank you.
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Dipankar
Community Member

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2009, 11:21am

Dear Yawei,

I am also facing the same problem of pretty huge parasitic R and C in Calibre PEX netlist.
If you have found some clue already , please share.

With Thanks and Regards,
Dipankar.
View Profile   IP Logged
MohEllayali

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2010, 7:07am

Hi Guys

It would be great if when somebody find an answer to his question to share it with the others, it would be very helpfull for poeple facing the same problem and finding themselves in your topic like myself

View Profile   IP Logged
Daniel Lai

Taipei
Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2010, 9:01pm

hi all,
I don't know what version did you use and if this problem still confuse you.
In Calibre PEX v2008.1_20.15, you may extract specified net parasitic by your interest and you may shrink parasitic R and C by set the min R and min C (or min RC value).
To use this function:
Specify net: Output -> Netlist -> Specified Nets
Shrink R&C: Menu->Setup->PEX option->Netlist

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks,
Daniel Lai

View Profile   IP Logged
Daniel Lai

Taipei
Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2012, 6:50pm

By StartRVE after PEX, you may get the separated parasitic R/C information.

BTW, does anyone how to remove the annotated back information on the schematic? It seems stick on the schematic and cannot be removed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.