The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS err:Vector net cannot be connected to a Spice/Spectre instance by port name) (Read 898 times)
ramp78

AMS err:Vector net cannot be connected to a Spice/Spectre instance by port name)
Oct 21st, 2008, 12:05pm

Hi,

I am stuck with this AMS error.  In my testbench, I am instantiating the netlist as a symbol for one of the blocks.  

I could able to pass the design-prep.  While elaborating the design, I am stuck with the following error
*E,SYERROR (/projects/temp5/dcbnvd/schematic/verilog.vams,91|3): Vector net cannot be connected to a Spice/Spectre instance by port name.

Can someone help me?

ramesh

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: AMS err:Vector net cannot be connected to a Spice/Spectre instance by port name)
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008, 6:23pm

I would imagine if you mention your willingness to pay, you might be able to find a consultant here who would be able to get you up to speed quickly.

you would need some sort of desktop sharing situation.
for free help, you might need to actually attach the netlist as a file or graphic..

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: AMS err:Vector net cannot be connected to a Spice/Spectre instance by port name)
Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2008, 6:24am

Ramesh,

A quick question on this, are you trying to connect a digital bus,
vector(?), to a source?

Best Regards,

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.