The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 27th, 2024, 3:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transient Analysis for VCO (Read 2546 times)
gorkhim

San Jose
Transient Analysis for VCO
Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:48am

Hello,
I have been using spectre to simulate VCO with nano-wire transistors for Transient analysis. I have been getting following warning over and over:

I1.Q1.Mpx: Parasitic resistor 'bias  independent gate resistance' has been deleted because its value of 42 mohm (R / MFactor) was smaller than 'MinR' .

Simulation is very slow.
Does anyone have any solution for it? Is this serious problem? Please help....Really appreciated.
Thank You

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: Transient Analysis for VCO
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2008, 7:59pm

Without access to information on the technology you are using and the circuit you are using, I don't think a good engineering judgement is possible. but if you have lots of these errors, I would be guessing that you have a LOT of devices in your design, most of which are parasitic.. and the setting you are using are telling the simulator to treat as Shorted any resistor that is too small .. If you LOWER the number (to make the warnings go away) then you will have even more devices and the simulation will run even SLOWER..  

Now you have to put your engineering hat on and decide what is "close enough" .

jbd

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.