The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 9:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Histogram from stddev function in calculator (Read 2357 times)
ic_engr

Histogram from stddev function in calculator
Dec 01st, 2008, 12:57pm

Hello All,

I have IC5141 version. I was able to get an estimate of the RMS jitter for a clock output by using the 'freq' function and inverting it. I then used the 'stddev' in calculator on '1/freq' to obtain the standard deviation which provides me the RMS jitter for the signal of interest.

What I also want is to generate the histogram of the result from 'stddev' result. I do not see any 'histo' function in the calculator.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I do see the 'freq' has the histogram capability, but that's a histogram of frequency. I need the histogram of the variance of the periods.

So how can I get the histogram of stddev(1/freq(/VT)).?

ic_engr

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Histogram from stddev function in calculator
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2009, 4:44am

I assume you don't really want a histogram of the standard deviation, but instead a histogram of the period variation?

In IC613, there's the "histo" calculator function. So you can calculate the freq (versus cycle, say), and then invert it, and then use the histo function (you specify the number of bins, and min and max values, and the result is a histogram as you want).

Can you use IC613? You could just run "viva" standalone and look at your existing simulation results.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.