The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 6:14am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Purely-MOS current reference (Oguey/Aebischer) temperature coefficient (Read 1137 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

Purely-MOS current reference (Oguey/Aebischer) temperature coefficient
Feb 05th, 2009, 6:55am

Hi,

I am looking at the current reference proposed in the paper by Oguey and Aebischer in JSSC, July 1997, pp. 1132-1136, Fig. 2.

The big advantage of this source apart from it being purely-MOS is that the temperature coefficient of the resulting current can be usually set to zero. At least in principle, that is the case.

However, I am unable to do this for an arbitrary current level. It seems as if the zero tempco is achievable for a given typical current level only. Of course, I do not understand the dynamics of the tempco in this paper yet.

Could anyone shed light on how to decouple the current level of choice from zero tempco, if they have had experience with this circuit?

Thanks,

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.